Danny K. Easterling is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Law
- Texas, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1980 Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1977 B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Texas Monthly Magazine - Super Lawyer in the Category of Criminal Defense 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- AVVO.com - Superb Rating "10"
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers - Lawyer of the Year 2003
- H Texas Magazine - Top Lawyers for the People in the Category of Criminal Defense 2005 and 2006
- Houstonia Magazine - Top Lawyers in Criminal Defense 2013 and 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Bar Association Member
- Houston Bar Association, 1993 - 1994 Chairman - Criminal Law & Procedure Section
- State Bar of Texas, 1999 - 2005 Member - Grievance Committee
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 1999 - 2000 President
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2000-2006, 2007-2010 Director, current Member of Executive Committee
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers College - Instructor each spring at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- Top Gun DWI - Co-director of annual Driving While Intoxicated Advanced Seminar; Sponsored by TCDLA
- Capital Murder Death Penalty Certification -Certified and peer reviewed for appointment to Capital Murder death penalty cases by Texas Court of Criminal Appeals,11th Administrative District of Texas & 22 District Court Judges of Harris County, Texas
- Lecturer and published at numerous seminars and conferences throughout Texas in the Criminal Defense areas of Defense Themes, Motions and Discovery, Voir Dire (Jury Selection), Ethics and Expunctions and Non Disclosures
- Phi Alpha Delta
- January 8, 1955, Houston, Texas, United States of America